10 Tips to Prepare Your Vehicle for Winter
Winter can be harsh on vehicles. Cold temperature have a way of making small problems big as well as creating new ones. In the winter you can bet that hard starts get harder & soft brakes get softer. Follow these simple steps to ensure your vehicle is ready for freezing temperatures and winter driving conditions.1. Be sure to correct current problems before they get worse. As mentioned, cold temperatures have a way of exacerbating vehicle issues.
2. Check your service records and owner's manual to ensure you're up to date with scheduled maintenance. Keeping up with these services is important for overall vehicle health.
3. Check your tires to make sure they have good traction and no bubbling or cracked rubber. You may want to invest in all weather tires!
4. Have a local auto repair shop check your brakes to ensure optimal stopping power.
5. Check your battery to ensure it is not due for replacement and that there is no corrosion around the terminals or any loose connections. It'd be a pain to get stuck on a cold winter day due to a dead battery!
6. If you're due for a coolant flush don't delay any longer. This fluid not only prevents your vehicle from overheating, but it is also known as antifreeze - helping ensure the inside of the engine doesn't freeze.
7. Check all your exterior lights, including headlights, turn signals, driving lights, brake lights, reverse lights and others to make sure they are properly working. The days are short!
8. Replace filters, such as the fuel filter, air filter and when you change the oil, the oil filter, to improve vehicle performance this winter.
9. Does your heater and defroster work? Better check now if you want a comfortable ride!
10. Replace worn wiper blades for a clear view of the road through winter rain and snow!
Take precautions as hit the highway this holiday season. Keep yourself and your family safe by performing regular auto maintenance on your vehicle. If you need help preparing your vehicle for winter in Lancaster come see the maintenance specialists at McKonly's Garage. We perform all sorts of services to keep your vehicle safe and healthy. Call us today at (717) 208-8210 to schedule an appointment for quality auto repair in Lancaster!
McKonly's Garage Blog
Written and Published By MORBiZ
4 Common Causes of a Dead Battery
3 Important Tire Maintenance Tips
What are the Top Causes of Engine Trouble
What is Leaking From My Car?
When Should I get New Tires?
Top Causes of No Starts
3 Symptoms of a Failing Clutch
Top Triggers of the Check Engine Light
Important Auto Maintenance that Gets Forgotten
Do Not Ignore Brake Trouble
5 Services that Keep Your Car Safe to Drive
5 Reasons to Never Skip Scheduled Auto Maintenance
The Benefits of Modern Computer Diagnostics
Is Your Car Up To Date with Oil Changes?
When was the Last Time your Car had a Wheel Alignment?
Is it Time for Radiator Repair? 3 Things to Check For
Customer Reviews of McKonly's Garage in Lancaster, PA
Top Fuel Delivery Problems
4 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair
What Happens if You Ignore Signs of Car Trouble?
Expert Auto Repair in Lancaster, PA
4 Common Signs of Starter Motor Failure
Easy Ways to Improve MPGs
Does my Car Have an Exhaust Leak?
How to Tell if it is Time for Brake Repair
5 Common Check Engine Light Problems
Common Auto Electric Problems You Should Know
4 Causes of a Failed Emissions Test
How to Know if You Need Cooling System Repair
Should I go to the Auto Repair Shop if...
5 Signs Your Vehicle Needs a Wheel Alignment
Must do: End of Summer Auto Maintenance
My Car Won't Start, What Could it Be?
Is it Time for Transmission Repair or Service?
When does my car need a tune-up?
Is it Time for New Shocks or Struts?
Top Signs of Alternator Failure
What's that Noise? 4 Sounds that Mean You Need a Repair
This Means Your Need Brake Repair Now
What does that Light Mean? Common Dashboard Warning Lights
4 Signs of a Dangerous Exhaust Leak
4 Routine Auto Services to Never Skip
This Could Mean it is Time for Engine Repair!
5 Auto Maintenance Services Never to be Skip
Terms to Know When Buying New Tires
How to Prepare Your Car for Your Summer Road Trip
What Exactly is a Tune Up?
FAQ: Emissions Testing & Repair
Why is the Check Engine Light On?
Is it Time to Replace the Timing Belt?
5 Smells that Mean it is Time for Auto Repair
Top Symptoms of Brake Failure You Need to Know!
Do These 4 Noises Mean I Need Auto Repair?
Does my car need a new alternator?
How to tell if your Car Needs Clutch Repair
Car Won't Start? 4 Signs Your Starter has Failed
4 Signs your Vehicle Needs Suspension Repair
3 Reasons to Never Skip Oil Changes
5 Signs You Need Transmission Repair
Easy Maintenance Ideas to Improve Fuel Efficiency
5 Reasons Your Car Will Likely Fail an Emissions Test
Common Troubles of the Fuel System
Is it Time for Power Steering Repair?
4 Signs of Cooling System Trouble
10 Tips to Prepare Your Vehicle for Winter
What is Factory Scheduled Auto Maintenance?
The Importance of Tire Maintenance
My Car Won't Start... What's Wrong?
A Guide to Vehicle Fluid Leaks
3 Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair
5 Signs Your Car Needs Brake Repair